Please note any Protected Health Information collected on the Website will be used and disclosed only in accordance with TW’s Notice of Privacy Practices as further set forth below.
Changes to Our Policy
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
You may generally use this Website without disclosing personally identifiable information. However, use of certain features and functions of the Website may require you to submit personally identifiable information to us.
In your use of the Website, we may collect any information that you voluntarily share with us.
We may use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and maintaining this personally identifiable information. However, we require such service providers to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
We will use personally identifiable information for: (i) the purpose for which you provide it; (ii) as otherwise may be disclosed at the point of collection; and/or (iii) for the purposes described below. For example, we may use your contact information as provided to us, such as email address, telephone number, and/or mailing address, to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications related to your use of the Website or otherwise as you may request, such as for an employment application. As another example, we may use your financial and insurance information to process payments you request or otherwise adjust your account via “myAlhapps”. We will not send you promotions or announcements unless you give us permission to do so.
In addition, we may use your personal information in the aggregate in a non-identifiable way in order to better understand the services being provided, how to improve these services and how to improve the Website. We may provide this aggregated information to third parties, but when we do so we do not provide any of your information without your express permission.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our Website, we (or a third party vendor or contractor on our behalf) may passively collect non-personally identifiable information about you.
Your IP address may be collected. Your “IP address” is usually associated with the network location and physical location from which you enter the Internet. We log IP addresses for systems administration purposes. This information helps us determine how often different areas of our site are visited and we also use this information to personalize the content that is displayed to you on the Website based on your previous visits and the ads that you access. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that if you disable this function, it may impact your use and enjoyment of the Website.
Web Beacons and Pixel Tags
The term “web beacons” and “pixel tags” refer to Internet tools, such as transparent images on the Website or in emails that we may send to you that help us to determine whether a page has been viewed or an email opened. For example, when you ask us to send you information on a promotion or newsletter, we may use web beacons to determine how many of the emails that we sent you were actually opened. A pixel tag is a type of web beacon embedded in an image on the website. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including a banner ad, can contain a pixel tag or other web beacon. We may also use these Internet technology tools allow us to track the internet browser most commonly used to access our site and the pages that are most popular, which statistics assist us in making our Website more user-friendly and accessible. Our Website may also have pixel tags from our vendors to help track your visit and set various cookies to manage ad content that may be delivered to you on the Website.
Statistical Identifiers and Device Recognition
We (or our vendors on our behalf) may employ statistical identifiers, also known as device recognition tools. These tools may be used to assist in managing the content and advertising on our Website by informing us (without using cookies) of the content that you use and view on the Website. These tools collect various information about your device, such as your screen resolution, browser type, and operating system. Many devices have unique, or near unique, device profiles such that collecting this information allows us and our vendors to determine with a reasonable level of statistical accuracy information on your engagement with our Website and advertisements on our Website, as well as your device when you interact with our Website. We do not tie this statistical information to your personal information.
If you are on our mobile website, you will be asked whether you want us to access your geographic location based on the location of your mobile device. If you select yes, and save that setting, we will access and collect your IP address to display custom content to you based on your location.
We may also ask that you participate in anonymous surveys, which allow us to collect additional data to help us improve our site. Participation in such surveys is voluntary and is not connected to any of your personal information.
We collect analytics internally from our Website content management system to track your IP address and the various pages of our Website that you visit and the information about your visit.
You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page and installing the Google Analytics browser add-on, currently made available by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use the Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
In addition to those uses set forth above, we use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate to determine how much traffic the Website receives, to statistically analyze Website usage, to improve our content, and to customize the Website’s content, layout and services. In addition, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to manage the Website and to enhance the Website based on the usage pattern data we receive.
Retargeting and Remarketing
We have also enabled additional Google Analytics Advertising Features: Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Remarketing with Google Analytics. The Google Display Network Impression Reporting uses the Google Analytics cookie to track our ad impressions and your interactions with those impressions, including the effectiveness of those ads, which generates reports for us to help us analyze our advertisements. Remarketing with Google Analytics uses the Google Analytics and/or a third party cookie to serve advertisements to you across the Internet based on your visit to our Site.
If you do not want Google to collect and use this information you may visit the Google Ad Settings page or you can also visit the website http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices to change your consumer preferences with respect to certain online ads and to obtain further information about third party ad networks and online behavioral advertising. You may also opt-out of our use of Google Analytics as described above. Please remember that changing your settings with certain browsers and ad networks will not carry your privacy choices across browsers and other ad networks.
Do Not Track
We will automatically collect cookies and other non-personally identifying information when you visit this site. Due to this automatic collection, we do not currently honor do not track requests.
Access to Your Personally Identifiable Information
Upon written request and verification of your identity, we will provide you with your personal information in our possession as well as the personal information, if any, that we have disclosed to third parties. Requests for such information should be sent to the contact information below.
You may also update, correct, or delete your personal information in our possession by contacting us using the contact information below. If you have registered for “myAurora” or the employment application portal you may also update your personal information by logging into your account.
Communications between your browser and portions of the Website containing personally identifiable information are protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. This encryption is to help protect your information while it is being transmitted. Once we receive your information we strive to maintain the physical and electronic security of your personal information using commercially reasonable efforts.
NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR ANY WIRELESS NETWORK CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE PERFECTLY SECURED. AS A RESULT, WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USING COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE AND INDUSTRY STANDARD ENCRYPTION TECHNOLOGY, WE CANNOT ENSURE OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
In the Event of a Security Breach of Your Personal Information
Third Party Privacy
Children Under the Age of 13
No part of the Website, or any services made available through the Website, are designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. No personal information is knowingly collected from any person under the age of 13.
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the folks behind Keywords Everywhere a popular browser add-on in the SEO space.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so-for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Email Address: We ask you to sign up for an API key using your Email Address. The API key is required for using the Chrome extension Firefox add-on. We do not require any other additional information.
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you browse our website KeywordsEverywhere.com. We do not collect any log information when you are using the Chrome extension or Firefox Add-on.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services-for example, to generate an API key for use with the Chrome extension or Firefox add-on;
- To further develop and improve our Services-for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them with online marketing;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of KeywordsEverywhere.com and others, which may result in us declining the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by KeywordsEverywhere.com and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on KeywordsEverywhere.com and our other products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable the browser add-on using an API key; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of KeywordsEverywhere.com’s websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to KeywordsEverywhere.com’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, KeywordsEverywhere.com does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using KeywordsEverywhere.com’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of KeywordsEverywhere.com’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please email us for getting your account closed. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.Controllers and Responsible Company
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
That’s it! Thanks for reading.